Free speech in Saudi Arabia

A place to talk about politics, be warned you could be triggered :)
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Free speech in Saudi Arabia

Unread post by Wraith »

It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they have been fooled
Please help the forum by becoming a subscriber
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Re: Free speech in Saudi Arabia

Unread post by Roomy »

Fake news
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Don't expect to see it on MSM any time soon

https://ooduarere.com/naija-gist/foreig ... yesterday/

this is fake news
https://youtu.be/xmApu69CGk0
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

One question ... how many Saudis do you actually know and talk too ?
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:47 pm One question ... how many Saudis do you actually know and talk too ?
I guess this will lead to how many you know, and what great guys they all are.
Iam not talking about individuals i'm talking about the regime.
The uk supply them with guns and voted for them to head the Human rights organisation.
You couldn't make this shit up.
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Wraith wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:49 pm
Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:47 pm One question ... how many Saudis do you actually know and talk too ?
I guess this will lead to how many you know, and what great guys they all are.
Iam not talking about individuals i'm talking about the regime.
The uk supply them with guns and voted for them to head the Human rights organisation.
You couldn't make this shit up.
Actually no .. I know many but all have a Air of superiority beuse the they are Saudi and proud to be so ... I also don’t know how you can bluster on things you have no first hand experience with .. in Saudi family values are 10 times better than here .. look at the murders on the streets of the UK ( 2. More last night) I think you should start to remonstrate about faults in your own society before criticising 3rd hand about others ..
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

I can and will criticise any society that treats women as possessions, executes gays, funds terrorism etc.
Fighting against oppressive regimes is what made Europe the liberal place it is.
Unlike you my interests lie beyond me me.
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Wraith wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:05 pm I can and will criticise any society that treats women as possessions, executes gays, funds terrorism etc.
Fighting against oppressive regimes is what made Europe the liberal place it is.
Unlike you my interests lie beyond me me.

Nothing gives you the right to critic another country’s traditions laws and ethics and values .. do you think yourself perfect because you live here ?? There are so many practices here that are abhorrent to many other countries .. so what makes you think yours are correct just self conceptedness.. whilst your ethic is .. mine the best and only way and everyone should live like I do .its only your opinion of what oppression is, the vast majority of Saudis are more proud to be Saudi than brits are to be Brit.. as my ethos is live and let live and let them live to their cultural heritage and values

Let me guess I bet your ex services !!!
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Freedom of speech gives me the right.
If you do not oppose slavery we all have slaves or become slaves.
If you do not oppose killing gays gays will be killed
If you do not oppose the oppression of women women will be oppressed
if you do not oppose FGM children will be mutilated
if you do not oppose marriage at age 9 paedophilia becomes the norm.
This is not about ethics it is about basic humanity.

I was in the army cadets if that counts to your image of me.
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Wraith wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:26 pm Freedom of speech gives me the right.
If you do not oppose slavery we all have slaves or become slaves.
If you do not oppose killing gays gays will be killed
If you do not oppose the oppression of women women will be oppressed
if you do not oppose FGM children will be mutilated
if you do not oppose marriage at age 9 paedophilia becomes the norm.
This is not about ethics it is about basic humanity.

I was in the army cadets if that counts to your image of me.

Again . You don’t understand do you
That is YOUR (western) idea of basic humanity NOT theirs .. this is their culture
their religion their laws..Not yours ...
just as I’ve had many conversations on how sick our culture is In Relation to their values

All you think is what YOU think is right you
Which is a biased unilateral concept
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Causing intentional pain and suffering. cannot be justified in any shape or form
those that advocate it or stick their heads in the sand "nothing to see here move on"
Have no conscience. Things shouldn't continue to exist just because " hey that is what they believe"
Wrong is wrong and subjugation is wrong no matter who does it or for what reason.
Saudi is slowly changing and moving towards western values, they even allowed women to drive cars this year !!
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Again .. your ‘western point of Veiw .. wrong is only wrong as it’s your interpretation of wrong

Ok I heard your gripes and bearing in mind these are cast upon a very very small minority of the populous

I’m Saudi.. now you hear my gripes about western civilisation here is what is wrong with your lifestyle

Sex outside of marriage
Unmarried mothers
Adultery .. as stated in the bible
Man shall not lay with man as stated in the bible
Non punishment for people who steal as stated in the bible
ALL atributes that were prevelent in the uk 50 yrs ago and yes 50 yrs ago woman were also Second class citizens .. but just because the Europeans have moved away from hundreds of years of laws stated by god ..does it mean that this is correct ??? This is only your opinion as this is your culture NOT mine .. and we will not mention the social problems caused by drugs and alcohol.
And god forbid if we treat our elderly the way you do .. you cast them into caring homes for a life of degradation instead of preserving the love and dignity of the people who gave you everything

With all this taken into consideration and the fact that you know less that one percent of what my culture, so are the one without sin to cast the first stone ??

As stated your gripes effect the minority as my gripes are the majority of your populous
Which when you weight this up maybe is the just reason We call you infidel

Salam alekum

As said not necessarily my opinions but Definately ones of people who have been brought up to hear and speak the words of god 5 times a day since 5 yrs old this is their culture you have no right as much as they have to critique ours
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

I respect your right to criticise mine or anyones religion
It is allowed in this country because of free speech.
Tell me what would happen if i voiced my criticism of your religion
in Saudi, oh wait don't bother the thread started because of someone been beheaded for doing just that.
Bringing someone up at 5 years old to recite religious verses 5 times a day, to me that isn't teaching
it is indoctrination, but once again just my opinion. I have read the Koran, the Bible and the Torah
and to me they all have one thing in common... control... man made verses to benefit the leaders
and keep the populace on a leash. I don't believe in a magical rabbit in the sky nor in a heaven or a hell.
But i respect the right for anyone to believe what they want, unless it promotes subjugation or violence.
You praise the strong nationalist feeling that Saudis have yet decry the British who do the same. Would the Saudis allow
some other nation to make their laws?
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't fornication out side of marriage punishable by stoning?
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

You are totally missing the piont

You have been brought up infact doctrinatwd
To what is right and wrong in a western culture.. you have grown up to believe what you believe to be right and wrong

Just the same as they have been in doctrinated in their culture ..they have been brought upto believe what is right and wrong

You have no right to judge their culture as they have no right to judge yours what makes you think that your beliefs are any better than theirs
You cannot comment on a culture When
That culture is not yours you have no idea of the depths of history

And FYI many many times voiced my opinion of religion ... in fact I sounded just like you .. zero repercussions
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

They have laws and alike all countries people have to abide by them

Wether you think them right wrong or barbaric is inconsequential
Leelee69
Reactions:

Unread post by Leelee69 »

Wraith wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:45 pm I respect your right to criticise mine or anyones religion
It is allowed in this country because of free speech.
Tell me what would happen if i voiced my criticism of your religion
in Saudi, oh wait don't bother the thread started because of someone been beheaded for doing just that.
Bringing someone up at 5 years old to recite religious verses 5 times a day, to me that isn't teaching
it is indoctrination, but once again just my opinion. I have read the Koran, the Bible and the Torah
and to me they all have one thing in common... control... man made verses to benefit the leaders
and keep the populace on a leash. I don't believe in a magical rabbit in the sky nor in a heaven or a hell.
But i respect the right for anyone to believe what they want, unless it promotes subjugation or violence.
You praise the strong nationalist feeling that Saudis have yet decry the British who do the same. Would the Saudis allow
some other nation to make their laws?
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't fornication out side of marriage punishable by stoning?
That's a whole new debate on the place of religion in modern society.
I can only agree on the use by manipulation of verse of religion by leaders a to control the masses.
Everyone should have the right to believe in what they want, religion, atheism or even devil worship. What isn't acceptable is to push those beliefs on others. Unfortunately history is littered with just this, the crusades, the inquisition and even the missionaries in Africa right through to the hate preachers on the streets and mosques of the uk are just examples of extremisism in different form.
America to a great extent still show this by forcing there way of life on others, mainly the others being oil having nations. Would an atheist ever see office in the US?
The sooner countries are not ruled by pandering believers in an old version of Harry potter the better place the world will be.
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

I know hundreds of Muslims who live good life’s and live happily under the teachings of the prophet Mohammed

They are not coherced or forced in any way whatsoever justvtaught from an early age as any good partner believes to be the correct way to lead their children

And as far as reliquary governments go they achieve many things a democratic one fail to
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:59 pm

They are not coherced or forced in any way whatsoever justvtaught from an early age as any good partner believes to be the correct way to lead their children

What would happen to them if they chose to leave Islam?
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Wraith wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:15 pm
Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:59 pm

What would happen to them if they chose to leave Islam?
It happens a lot .. but the shame then becomes the families which invariably leads to disownment .. religion is their lives

This tends to be Arab Islamist .. I know many Asian Islamist where this is not the consequence
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

It is all about interpretation i suppose not all Muslim countries call for death penalty for apostasy
but i think Saudi still does, along with blasphemy. and for me there by lies the route of my argument
they are written and interpreted by man and they serve man not God/Allah.

Quran (4:89) - "They wish that you reject Faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you all become equal (like one another). So take not Auliya' (protectors or friends) from them, till they emigrate in the Way of Allah (to Muhammad). But if they turn back (from Islam), take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them, and take neither Auliya' (protectors or friends) nor helpers from them."
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

And hundreds of years after this the catholic inquestion came along
stevedix
Reactions:

Unread post by stevedix »

Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:26 pm It happens a lot .. but the shame then becomes the families which invariably leads to disownment .. religion is their lives

This tends to be Arab Islamist .. I know many Asian Islamist where this is not the consequence
It happens in other religions, too. I know a woman who, when she turned 18, turned away from the Jehovah's Witness faith in which her parents had brought her up.
Her brother made the change at the same time. Their parents haven't spoken to either of them since- nearly ten years.
Andiamo contro tutti
TheBaron
Subscriber
Subscriber
Reactions:

Unread post by TheBaron »

Anyone spouting the good of Saudi Arabia in this country & tell us its a different culture are
simply so fucked up.This is my culture & I don't want people killed anywhere for being different from the norm.

Anyone spouting the bad of Saudi Arabia in Saudi especially against the Royal family or Islam DIES.

There no if buts - Saudi is a bad place but we do business (twats we are) because they have oil
& want guns etc.

To offend religion in the UK is not liked by many but I haven't been executed yet for being an atheist.

I have no exceptions all citizens in this barbaric nation are culpable in some degree.
'Scuse me
SPONSOR
helpforheroes.org.uk
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Pure third Hand information ignorance
There is no objectivity in your statement

Next you’ll be telling me the Jews have a right to be in Palestine because that’s what the western press say ..

And FYI thousands upon thousands of british have been executed by British foe having the wrong religion let alone NO religion .. I think Mary was her name !!
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Also don’t be so fucking ignorant that you think you perspective of ‘ the norm’ is the same the world over ..

I live in both countries and there are far more problem here ... the populous in KSA are far more content that the populous here . what is you first hand experience of this matter ... I’m guessing absolutely fuck all
Other that what you read in the press

Return to “Politics”