In Or Out

A place to talk about politics, be warned you could be triggered :)

Will you vote in or out in the Brexit referendum.

Stay In
29%
leave
70%
Undecided
2%

Total votes: 63

sarah
Reactions:

Re: In Or Out

Unread post by sarah »

Really wish I could join in. I don’t understand any of it hense why I didn’t vote.
Leelee69
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Unread post by Leelee69 »

sarah wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:31 pm Really wish I could join in. I don’t understand any of it hense why I didn’t vote.
Join in. No one else gets it either
sarah
Reactions:

Unread post by sarah »

Leelee69 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:37 pm
sarah wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:31 pm Really wish I could join in. I don’t understand any of it hense why I didn’t vote.
Join in. No one else gets it either
Ok, on that note, am out 😂
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Maimaymai wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:23 pm If a remainer is someone who invested in his
Education and worked hard to achieve something .. then yeah that’s me. And for those who couldn’t be bothered ... vote leave
Oh you mean people like:
Boris Johnson
Jacob Rees-Mogg
12 ministers and 127 back benchers just in the Conservatives all leave voters
and according to you they can't be bothered with education or achieving anything?.
i isolated Boris and Mogg because one of those is likely to be the next PM

Maimaymai wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:23 pm Your vote ( an action not words) .. was one to stop free movement
.. now who’s the racist .... hmmmmm
Stopping FREE movement is not racist it means replacing it with controlled movement.
Saying without immigrants i will have no one to clean my car IS racist 100%.
It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they have been fooled
Please help the forum by becoming a subscriber
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

I’m talking millions of people
Not 10’s or 100’s like your weak argument

If they advertise polish car cleaning then let them do so ..

Controlled ... is still not FREE .. you are still stopping certain people
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Clean my house
Wash and iron my clothes

All done by English people .. is that racist
Leelee69
Reactions:

Wraith wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:40 pm
Maimaymai wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:23 pm If a remainer is someone who invested in his
Education and worked hard to achieve something .. then yeah that’s me. And for those who couldn’t be bothered ... vote leave
Oh you mean people like:
Boris Johnson
Jacob Rees-Mogg
12 ministers and 127 back benchers just in the Conservatives all leave voters
and according to you they can't be bothered with education or achieving anything?.
i isolated Boris and Mogg because one of those is likely to be the next PM

Maimaymai wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:23 pm Your vote ( an action not words) .. was one to stop free movement
Stopping FREE movement is not racist it means replacing it with controlled movement.
Saying without immigrants i will have no one to clean my car IS racist 100%.

The problem immigrants are illegal, brexit will not stop illegal immigration.
As for Boris, similar to farage latched onto out with the hope of a valiant close defeat, winning was a nightmare for Boris and derailed his pm push massively. Farage just shit himself and called for a 2nd referendum and went back to his job in the EU
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Maimaymai wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:46 pm Clean my house
Wash and iron my clothes

But you never said that and that is a poor example, because your comment stated that
no one but immigrants would wash my car, see the difference?
click here for more info
mrmadness
Reactions:

Unread post by mrmadness »

Not belittling you .. I’ll pm you

Racist .. ooh interstiimg mime was a statement of word that ityerated a fact

Your vote ( an action not words) .. was one to stop free movement
The thing is, if everybody was as ambitious or as career focused as you seem to be, then you would never have been as successful. Supply and demand would ensure you had a lot more competition in your field(s) and therefore your income would have reduced accordingly. Considering industrial and social changes move at a steady pace, there is only so much of the pie to go around. Obviously there are a lot variables involved. Generally, we have a shortage of those with very strong STEM skills and experience compared to excess of potential retail workers, cleaners, drivers, admin workers etc.

As it is the influx of Europeans would impact those at the lower end of the skill set and potentially cause tradespeople, semi-skilled etc to at least worry about lower earnings due to increased competition. That's not to say there aren't benefits too.

In or out, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Personally, I blame 40 years of overtly neo-liberal governments. Lack of investment, too much focus on degrees rather than apprenticeships, well meaning but silly ideas such as tax credits, propping up the inflated housing market, lack of new social housing, Blair allowing East Europeans unfettered access to the UK back in 2004. As bloated as it is, the EU simply became a scapegoat.
Make Hull Adult Forum Great Again
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Leelee69 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:49 pm
The problem immigrants are illegal, brexit will not stop illegal immigration.
Personally i have less of an issue with illegal immigrants than i do with uncontrolled legal immigration.
Illegal immigrants come to work and work hard for low pay to improve theirs and their families life.
A large amount of legal immigrants come to milk the benefit system and the NHS.
If we had controlled immigration we could let people in from all countries not just EU and
have the ability to chose only those that will benefit and integrate to our society.

Leelee69 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:49 pm As for Boris, similar to farage latched onto out with the hope of a valiant close defeat, winning was a nightmare for Boris and derailed his pm push massively. Farage just shit himself and called for a 2nd referendum and went back to his job in the EU
Very true in Farages case, not so sure about Boris he plays daft to catch clever.
click here for more info
Wilson5
Reactions:

Unread post by Wilson5 »

I am out sick of Europe telling us how we should live .Let the Germans and the Froggys pay for the rest of Europe
Leelee69
Reactions:

Wraith wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:06 pm
Very true in Farages case, not so sure about Boris he plays daft to catch clever.
I dont think Boris is daft, just backed the wrong horse, winning that vote was never good for any politician
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

mrmadness wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:03 pm

Not belittling you .. I’ll pm you

Racist .. ooh interstiimg mime was a statement of word that ityerated a fact

Your vote ( an action not words) .. was one to stop free movement
The thing is, if everybody was as ambitious or as career focused as you seem to be, then you would never have been as successful. Supply and demand would ensure you had a lot more competition in your field(s) and therefore your income would have reduced accordingly. Considering industrial and social changes move at a steady pace, there is only so much of the pie to go around. Obviously there are a lot variables involved. Generally, we have a shortage of those with very strong STEM skills and experience compared to excess of potential retail workers, cleaners, drivers, admin workers etc.

As it is the influx of Europeans would impact those at the lower end of the skill set and potentially cause tradespeople, semi-skilled etc to at least worry about lower earnings due to increased competition. That's not to say there aren't benefits too.

In or out, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Personally, I blame 40 years of overtly neo-liberal governments. Lack of investment, too much focus on degrees rather than apprenticeships, well meaning but silly ideas such as tax credits, propping up the inflated housing market, lack of new social housing, Blair allowing East Europeans unfettered access to the UK back in 2004. As bloated as it is, the EU simply became a scapegoat.
Excellent ... not saying the EU is correct in everything .. far from it, but my personal point is it’s way better the devil you know than one you have zero realism of .. maybe
10-20 yrs from now things will be better but there will Definately be ALOT of pain before AND IF EVER WE REACH THAT POINT
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Wraith wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:55 pm
Maimaymai wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:46 pm Clean my house
Wash and iron my clothes

But you never said that and that is a poor example, because your comment stated that
no one but immigrants would wash my car, see the difference?
Ok you tell me where I can get my car clean by someone with a uk passport for the same price. .. and the same excellent service

But 2 things
1) .. I bet you can’t ...but that’s an entirely different arguement .. one which is an even bigger threat to the UK national wellbeing
2) I bet If someone was to advertise a British car wash .. it’d get done from being racist!!!
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Maimaymai wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:29 pm
Ok you tell me where I can get my car clean by someone with a uk passport for the same price. .. and the same excellent service

But 2 things
1) .. I bet you can’t ...but that’s an entirely different arguement .. one which is an even bigger threat to the UK national wellbeing
2) I bet If someone was to advertise a British car wash .. it’d get done from being racist!!!
1) My simple answer would be how did you ever clean your car before? boy scouts used to do a great job :)
2) I'm pretty sure you wouldn't. Where have you seen a car wash that states it is from a different country?
If it is a car wash company in Britain does that not make it a British car wash?
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

That’s what you have children for

Sure theres one in east hull
Polish car wash ... or is that polish or polish
Or just a clever play on words

So does that mean all Indian and Italian restaurants in the U.K. serve British food ?
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Maimaymai wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:46 pm That’s what you have children for
:laughing-lettersrofl:
Maimaymai wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:46 pm So does that mean all Indian and Italian restaurants in the U.K. serve British food ?
It makes them a British restaurant that serves Indian/Italian food.
click here for more info
TheBaron
Subscriber
Subscriber
Reactions:

Unread post by TheBaron »

I said my posts about the bloated corrupt EC but I will add one more

The EC fiddled the books Including us I presume to let them join the club.
The EU (mostly German) Banks went on an orgy of lending Greek Banks.
The Greek Banks lent all & sundry loans (mostly to buy German Cars)
The loans were not paid back so the Greeks were put into austerity measures

How they got the repayments god Knows - they borrowed cos no one pays taxes in Greece.

They have re payed the austerity but now the have to pay the debts still owed.For Decades!
They can now borrow money from banks they still owe @ competitive rates.

OH Shit this is where we came in.

Just one of the corruption that is Eu.

The only others (besides us) with any real Money are the Germans & French.
That why they refuse to negotiate properly they will lose our payment that help to prop up this
corrupt load of Twats.
'Scuse me
SPONSOR
helpforheroes.org.uk
patheticworm
Reactions:

Unread post by patheticworm »

Leaving the EU is racist, but we are hoping for trade deals with the rest of the world hmmmmmmmm. So are we just racist for a brief period of time?
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Ok ... not too particularly bothered about political rhetoric and EU laws and third party counties problems and immigration problems and the fact that our area is one of the largest benefactors of EU funding

I’m selfish, yes, so only really bothered about how when we leave this will directly effect me. The most obvious way is in my ( and all your)Pockets .. which basically comes down to trade to imports and exports

EVERY SINGLE item that comes into or out of the UK has a CUSTOMS TRARIFF CODE which is ruled by the WTO. This means we pay tax to import these goods into the U.K. and out of the UK . But as it stands at the moment this tax is zero into and out of Europe and all other areas of the world it is an amount with an agreement with the EU. So as it currently stands we have ZERO TRADE AGREEMENT with anywhere in the world. So next year when we leave, if we leave without a trade deal how much will that effect inflation when we revert back to WTO TARIFFS . surely we’ll be talking double figures ???

Please correct me if the above is not correct
.. yes I’m an exporter but not an economist
stevedix
Reactions:

Unread post by stevedix »

Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:51 am Ok ... not too particularly bothered about political rhetoric and EU laws and third party counties problems and immigration problems and the fact that our area is one of the largest benefactors of EU funding

I’m selfish, yes, so only really bothered about how when we leave this will directly effect me. The most obvious way is in my ( and all your)Pockets .. which basically comes down to trade to imports and exports

EVERY SINGLE item that comes into or out of the UK has a CUSTOMS TRARIFF CODE which is ruled by the WTO. This means we pay tax to import these goods into the U.K. and out of the UK . But as it stands at the moment this tax is zero into and out of Europe and all other areas of the world it is an amount with an agreement with the EU. So as it currently stands we have ZERO TRADE AGREEMENT with anywhere in the world. So next year when we leave, if we leave without a trade deal how much will that effect inflation when we revert back to WTO TARIFFS . surely we’ll be talking double figures ???

That's pretty accurate.

The sad truth is that nobody- even people in government- fully knows or understands the implications of leaving.
You can guarantee that it'll be the people at the poorer end of society that will suffer most.
Andiamo contro tutti
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

stevedix wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:33 pm
Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:51 am Ok ... not too particularly bothered about political rhetoric and EU laws and third party counties problems and immigration problems and the fact that our area is one of the largest benefactors of EU funding

That's pretty accurate.

The sad truth is that nobody- even people in government- fully knows or understands the implications of leaving.
You can guarantee that it'll be the people at the poorer end of society that will suffer most.
So the question must be
WTF WAS CAMMERON FUCKING THINKING OF?
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Sensible ... the problem is is millions on either side didn’t know but still voted .. but at least a vote for remain meant no change .
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Not true. The EU imposes tariffs on lots of goods from outside the EU which means it makes it harder for countries
to sell competitively in the EU and keeps poor countries like Africa poor, EU pays us not to produce certain farm products so that France has the monopoly.
This is called protectionism.
There are countries that are queuing up to give us free trade USA been but one.
It takes literally years to make a trade agreement with other countries while in the EU due to bureaucracy.
We have a trade surplus with the EU and they would lose far more in trade and jobs than we would post Brexit.
If the EU as a punishment decide to impose tariffs on us we simply do the same,
why do you think German car manufacturers are pressurising Merkel for free trade with us?
Why would you want to be a club that threatens and bullies you into not leaving?

WTO is only for trading between countries that DON'T have a free trade agreement.
The WTO prevents discriminatory tariffs, except between countries with trade deals.
In other words the EU can have discriminatory tariffs with any country. and by extension
countries outside can impose large tariffs with the EU which affect us, see USA steel as example.
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Actually I did say .. trade outside the EU was governed by the EU..

But you did not answer the question

When we leave the EU with no deal and we have to adopt WTO TARIFFS will the cost of living go up or down ???

Return to “Politics”