In Or Out

A place to talk about politics, be warned you could be triggered :)

Will you vote in or out in the Brexit referendum.

Stay In
29%
leave
70%
Undecided
2%

Total votes: 63

Mistermc
Reactions:

Re: In Or Out

Unread post by Mistermc »

Could be worse......could live in Venezuela :o
Roomy
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Unread post by Roomy »

Mistermc wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:01 pm Could be worse......could live in Venezuela :o
But there’s no tariff between venezuela and Colombia 😁
stevedix
Reactions:

Unread post by stevedix »

Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:19 pm So the question must be
WTF WAS CAMMERON FUCKING THINKING OF?
He thought that the result he wanted was a shoo-in. When it became apparent that it wasn't, he bolted.
Andiamo contro tutti
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:53 pm Actually I did say .. trade outside the EU was governed by the EU..

But you did not answer the question

When we leave the EU with no deal and we have to adopt WTO TARIFFS will the cost of living go up or down ???
We will only adopt the WTO rules for countries that we dont have a trade deal with.
The transition period is so that we can set up trade deals while still been under EU trade rules.
The forecasts say that in the short term we will be around 3% GDP worse off. But once we have trade deals in place this will
change to a positive.
But the real truth is that all these forecasts are speculative, There has never been an exit from the EU to base forecasts on.
Every forecast so far has proved to be wrong, see IMF, Bank of England etc.
Embrace the change it is exciting or as William Wallace said FREEDOM!
It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they have been fooled
Please help the forum by becoming a subscriber
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

It took 10 year to sort a deal with Canada and 6 to sort one with Australia

WE LEAVE NEXT YEAR .. and no advancement with anyone

And do you think any of the eu countries will give us a better deal NFC . And that’s our largest market

We will be on WTO FOR YEARS. As for 3 percent ... hmmmmmm!!! A French wine will imediately cost 28 percent more

And we all know what happened to William Morris
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:28 pm It took 10 year to sort a deal with Canada and 6 to sort one with Australia

WE LEAVE NEXT YEAR .. and no advancement with anyone

And do you think any of the eu countries will give us a better deal NFC . And that’s our largest market

We will be on WTO FOR YEARS. As for 3 percent ... hmmmmmm!!! A French wine will imediately cost 28 percent more

And we all know what happened to William Morris
You echo my words that said it takes forever to make a trade deal while in the EU.
Both Canada and Australia are in the queue waiting for a free trade deal with us.
Oh no French wine will be more expensive what will we do! We just have to drink Grog and eat sawdust like we did before the EU.
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

It will still take years ... even if they are queuing and America will want and arm and a leg for any deal they make which will again make it impossible to deal with our largest market

Wine .. just an example what about medicines and far more basic item with equivalent or higher tariffs

William Morris
Grog
Sorry I want to live in the future not the past
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Explain why it would take years to make a trade deal.
See this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_t ... ed_Kingdom
As an example of trade deficit with EU and than explain why they would want to cut their own throat by imposing tariffs on us
other than as a punishment.
click here for more info
LordLuken
Reactions:

Unread post by LordLuken »

I can't believe they are still fart arsing about with this process, how difficult can it be? The people voted to leave the EU. We did not vote to softly leave we voted to leave. The politicians seem to forget their place, they forget they work for us and should be carrying out our wishes as opposed to doing what is best for keeping their personal fortunes coming in. Maybe it's time the people put one of those partitions up for the immediate withdrawal from the EU without a deal.
Image Image SPONSOR Self Proclaimed Beaky, chicken & Droll Extraordinaire
Trump Finally Delivers - get me over there.
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Wraith wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:43 pm Explain why it would take years to make a trade deal.
See this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_t ... ed_Kingdom
As an example of trade deficit with EU and than explain why they would want to cut their own throat by imposing tariffs on us
other than as a punishment.
Seriously ... you ask that question it’s like any other thing political so many ins and outs so many clauses so many requirements to be set ( like US will want GM foods which will then make trade to EU impossible)... you May think it’ll take weeks ..I know it’ll take years

As for Europe one member state says no .. the All then have to say no plus if we get away with it then who leaves next .. Europe no chance of any deal soon .. back up by ineos pulling billions out of the UK already

And nobody will want to be the first to give us a deal

As for the EU
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

LordLuken wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:12 pm I can't believe they are still fart arsing about with this process, how difficult can it be? The people voted to leave the EU. We did not vote to softly leave we voted to leave. The politicians seem to forget their place, they forget they work for us and should be carrying out our wishes as opposed to doing what is best for keeping their personal fortunes coming in. Maybe it's time the people put one of those partitions up for the immediate withdrawal from the EU without a deal.
Fucking hell wallace Morris now Cromwell
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

We had one LL result is here and Governments reply.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
click here for more info
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:15 pm
Seriously ... you ask that question it’s like any other thing political so many ins and outs so many clauses so many requirements to be set ( like US will want GM foods which will then make trade to EU impossible)... you May think it’ll take weeks ..I know it’ll take years

As for Europe one member state says no .. the All then have to say no plus if we get away with it then who leaves next .. Europe no chance of any deal soon .. back up by ineos pulling billions out of the UK already

And nobody will want to be the first to give us a deal

As for the EU
You know it will take years? how? what is your inside knowledge?
Do some research there are far more investments coming in the country
in your own sector the British tech sector raised over 4 billion for investment, more than double the pre brexit vote
siemens investments alone out weigh ineos claims, i say claims because i believe this
is just more scare tactics same as airbus threats, purely politically motivated.
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Similarly.. how do you know different have you ever been involved in exports .. even with established rules that we have now
It’s a fucking minefield

Tech sector in the U.K. tiny tiny minuscule establishment when compared to DE and JP

Irrespective of Siemens it’s still billions taken out of our infrastructure oooh weak pound more exports but as we have a massive trade deficit .. banging an empty drum

My own company has already said it will move UK manufacturing to Europe and just keep engineering dept open.

But time will tell.. and from my piont I will be ok no matter what .. but it is MY OPINION
things will be bleak for many needless years to come
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:42 pm Similarly.. how do you know different have you ever been involved in exports .. even with established rules that we have now
It’s a fucking minefield
Once again BECAUSE 0f EU bureaucracy
Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:42 pm Tech sector in the U.K. tiny tiny minuscule establishment when compared to DE and JP

" The UK technology sector is growing more than two-and-a-half times faster than the overall economy and London has been ranked as the second most connected place for tech in the world behind Silicon Valley in the US."

Quote from below

https://www.computerweekly.com/news/252 ... ll-economy
click here for more info
LordLuken
Reactions:

Unread post by LordLuken »

Wraith wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:16 pm We had one LL result is here and Governments reply.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
Thanks Wraith, don't believe I've seen that one.
Image Image SPONSOR Self Proclaimed Beaky, chicken & Droll Extraordinaire
Trump Finally Delivers - get me over there.
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Wraith wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:59 pm
Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:42 pm Similarly.. how do you know different have you ever been involved in exports .. even with established rules that we have now
It’s a fucking minefield
Once again BECAUSE 0f EU bureaucracy
Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:42 pm Tech sector in the U.K. tiny tiny minuscule establishment when compared to DE and JP

" The UK technology sector is growing more than two-and-a-half times faster than the overall economy and London has been ranked as the second most connected place for tech in the world behind Silicon Valley in the US."

Quote from below

https://www.computerweekly.com/news/252 ... ll-economy
It was worse before the EU .. free trade obviously made it easier

But we all know what 2 and 1/2 times nothing is !!!
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

I love to debate you, because we are polar opposites :D
click here for more info
mrmadness
Reactions:

Unread post by mrmadness »

LordLuken wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:12 pm I can't believe they are still fart arsing about with this process, how difficult can it be? The people voted to leave the EU. We did not vote to softly leave we voted to leave. The politicians seem to forget their place, they forget they work for us and should be carrying out our wishes as opposed to doing what is best for keeping their personal fortunes coming in. Maybe it's time the people put one of those partitions up for the immediate withdrawal from the EU without a deal.
I'm not sure they can leave without a deal, from a legal standpoint, on account of Northern Ireland and the Good Friday Agreement alone.

IMO, the UK will have a Brexit in name only. There isn't the appetite or MP support across the political spectrum for anything else. Bound by EU rules, without much say.

A Tory party without a parliamentary majority, the Ireland border issue, EU naturally playing hardball, pound dropping, Trump's America first, legitimate fear of major customs delays...Realistically it's only going one way and they'll strike a deal but it won't be in our favour.
Make Hull Adult Forum Great Again
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

When education overrules idealism
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

mrmadness wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:03 pm
I'm not sure they can leave without a deal, from a legal standpoint, on account of Northern Ireland and the Good Friday Agreement alone.

IMO, the UK will have a Brexit in name only. There isn't the appetite or MP support across the political spectrum for anything else. Bound by EU rules, without much say.

A Tory party without a parliamentary majority, the Ireland border issue, EU naturally playing hardball, pound dropping, Trump's America first, legitimate fear of major customs delays...Realistically it's only going one way and they'll strike a deal but it won't be in our favour.
And that is exactly what will happen.
click here for more info
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Wraith wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:23 pm
mrmadness wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:03 pm

And that is exactly what will happen.
So ... do you feel fucked over then ???
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

I think i already confirmed that :)
click here for more info
mrmadness
Reactions:

Unread post by mrmadness »

Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:19 pm
stevedix wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:33 pm
Maimaymai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:51 am Ok ... not too particularly bothered about political rhetoric and EU laws and third party counties problems and immigration problems and the fact that our area is one of the largest benefactors of EU funding

I’m selfish, yes, so only really bothered about how when we leave this will directly effect me. The most obvious way is in my ( and all your)Pockets .. which basically comes down to trade to imports and exports

EVERY SINGLE item that comes into or out of the UK has a CUSTOMS TRARIFF CODE which is ruled by the WTO. This means we pay tax to import these goods into the U.K. and out of the UK . But as it stands at the moment this tax is zero into and out of Europe and all other areas of the world it is an amount with an agreement with the EU. So as it currently stands we have ZERO TRADE AGREEMENT with anywhere in the world. So next year when we leave, if we leave without a trade deal how much will that effect inflation when we revert back to WTO TARIFFS . surely we’ll be talking double figures ???

Please correct me if the above is not correct
.. yes I’m an exporter but not an economist
That's pretty accurate.

The sad truth is that nobody- even people in government- fully knows or understands the implications of leaving.
You can guarantee that it'll be the people at the poorer end of society that will suffer most.
So the question must be
WTF WAS CAMMERON FUCKING THINKING OF?
Cameron always was a bust. Very polished, good debater and quality orator. Very little substance underneath, however. Basically a lightweight, more Eurosceptical Blair.

If he had any political astuteness he'd have opened up the referendum to 16-17 year olds. It would have ensured the result he wanted AND helped him win over more of the youth vote.
Make Hull Adult Forum Great Again
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

The referendum was an electoral promise
So surely it should of been restricted to only the people who voted in the general election

Return to “Politics”