The season of giving

Do not post new topics here
the master
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

The season of giving

Unread post by the master »

I've just got home and made a brew and looked at what biscuits I had in. 2 packs both out of date in 2018.

This had got me thinking. With 2020 being such a crap year and probably no new years eve parties, please consider the food that you have in and would of used for a new year party too, you know that box of Fox's biscuits that you are probably never going to open, or those chocolates that you are sick of looking at already or more cheese then even Wallace and grommet can handle.
Consider food banks or your local care homes.
A lot of care homes residents haven't had visitors this year, your box of biscuits in the common room there could be a conversation starter and provide a bit of normality for them as they enjoy a cuppa and a chat with other residents on what are the favourites.
Now I don't want to get political here, I am just looking at the actual act itself, but with lockdown looking likely and schools shutting again, I'm sure their will be families that could do with the extra food to provide a meal that the school would usually provide for the kids.

Tescos, asda, prospect centre and 28 paragon Street all take donations for food banks. Please don't be like me and have food 2 years out of date that could of gone to someone else. Please consider this rather than wasting it.
the master
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Re: The season of giving

Unread post by the master »

It's that time of year again when the shops do 3 for 2s. If you do fall foul of these 'deals' and now have 36 tins of beans in a cupboard that is now full, may I ask the the "free" item on the 3 for 2s, you donate to a food bank. some people can't even afford 1 of the 3 for 2s

Return to “OFF TOPIC”