implemented ban on travel at the right time

Implemented total lock down at the right time

Prioritised testing correctly

Recorded deaths correctly ( died because of
Not ‘with’or even ‘suspected’ covid)

Results

Under 1200 confirmed cases
21 recorded deaths
And re opening hairdressers and the like next week ..

Yes British govt
Stop patting your selves on the back when what you really deserve is a bullet to the head ...
mrmadness
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Re: New Zealand

Unread post by mrmadness »

Mr "I'd rather die in a ditch" PM was bragging about shaking hands with people in hospital and then on his death bed six weeks later. His main advisor is a complete delusional weirdo. The health secretary and chancellor have always been complete toadies. The ERG group are thick as pig shit.

Once they more or less decided on the herd immunity idea in late February then that was that. Everything after is futile in the long run; especially if there is a second, bigger wave later on in the year.
hornypunter
Reactions:

Unread post by hornypunter »

Will be interesting to hear the road map tomorrow night.
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Already Been bitten once with ineptitude

So overly cautious is my guess

Bolt-stable-door !!!

Denmark..RE opening restaurants
1MONTH AFTER LOCKDOWN
royaldansk
Reactions:

Unread post by royaldansk »

Roomy wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:28 am Ok .. maybe only 5 million nationals

But

implemented ban on travel at the right time

Implemented total lock down at the right time

Prioritised testing correctly

Recorded deaths correctly ( died because of
Not ‘with’or even ‘suspected’ covid)

Results

Under 1200 confirmed cases
21 recorded deaths
And re opening hairdressers and the like next week ..

Yes British govt
Stop patting your selves on the back when what you really deserve is a bullet to the head ...
Bullet to the head is a bit extreme, yes they could have done things differently but that's hindsight for you.
A poor comparisons of countries really, considering London alone has about 3 million more people in under 2 square km, compared to new Zealands 5 million people in around 260,000 square km.
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

Even taking density into the equation it does not equate

5million 21 deaths
65 million 31k+ deaths
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

And what hind sight did the PM of NZ
Have ?? She re acted the right way at the right time
royaldansk
Reactions:

The virus will spread quicker with a more dense area of population, that's why more people have caught it, different countries have delt with it differently and they got it right.
What I see alot of is people blaming the government alot more than taking responsibility for what they have and haven't done, incubation period of 14ish days, an average of 3 weeks to get over the illness, and we've been in lockdown for 7 weeks, had the people been more responsible we could have been further along the way to easing lockdown.
wombat
Reactions:

Unread post by wombat »

Totally agree with that comment this is something totally new so there is no right or wrong action we have chosen a path and if people had stuck to it rigidly we would have been in a clearer place
Georgia69xxx
masseuse
masseuse
Reactions:

Unread post by Georgia69xxx »

In my own observations I have noted those countries with lower rates have women in charge...
royaldansk
Reactions:

Georgia69xxx wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:30 pm In my own observations I have noted those countries with lower rates have women in charge...
All the countries with only 1 death to date have male leaders apart from 1, turks and caicos.
hullnymph87
Reactions:

Unread post by hullnymph87 »

Georgia69xxx wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:30 pm In my own observations I have noted those countries with lower rates have women in charge...
That's because even Covid 19 can't bare the nagging of a woman in power 🤣🤣
tombig
Reactions:

Unread post by tombig »

Have ytou seen that they've had a rise in cases in NZ - they were doing so well https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-53761122
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

5 times as many people have died from dysentery this year than Covid ... now that’s something to shit yourself about ...
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Italy have introduced mandatory mask wearing in public between 6am and 6pm.
Apparently the virus goes to bed early.
It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they have been fooled
Please help the forum by becoming a subscriber
click here for more info
hornypunter
Reactions:

Wraith wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:15 pm Italy have introduced mandatory mask wearing in public between 6am and 6pm.
Only a matter of time before more restrictions happen here. Irish Republic tightening its restrictions such as over 70s to remain at home until mid September. From 1 September mask wearing mandatory in workplaces in France.
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

About time for a revolution
tombig
Reactions:

Unread post by tombig »

hornypunter wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:17 pm
Wraith wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:15 pm Italy have introduced mandatory mask wearing in public between 6am and 6pm.
Only a matter of time before more restrictions happen here. Irish Republic tightening its restrictions such as over 70s to remain at home until mid September. From 1 September mask wearing mandatory in workplaces in France.
Home working seems more and more appealing doesn't it. Do you think employers will start to realise that they're still able to function with their staff working from home and start to do away with the offices?

Obviously it doesn't work if you're a shop owner or similar.
Bert
Subscriber
Subscriber
Reactions:

Unread post by Bert »

tombig wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:55 am Home working seems more and more appealing doesn't it. Do you think employers will start to realise that they're still able to function with their staff working from home and start to do away with the offices?

I've worked in offices for many years and I can see some of the meglomaniac managers / bosses not liking everyone working from home - they will see it as erosion of their empire / power / status etc.
While I was married I had a a very varied and exciting sex life...... never told the wife tho' :o
tasher
Reactions:

Unread post by tasher »

Flexible working is the future. Few people want to work from home all the time but equally, few people want to be in the office 5 days a week. Most enlightened employers recognise that home working has been a success and there are huge savings to be made on rent, business rates and insurance by having smaller office premises. If you work for an employer who doesn't trust you to do your job and feels the need to control your every move, you need a new employer.
hornypunter
Reactions:

Bert wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:50 pm
tombig wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:55 am Home working seems more and more appealing doesn't it. Do you think employers will start to realise that they're still able to function with their staff working from home and start to do away with the offices?

I've worked in offices for many years and I can see some of the meglomaniac managers / bosses not liking everyone working from home - they will see it as erosion of their empire / power / status etc.
It depends on the job,at the moment a lot of companies only deal with Urgent calls, so really those people need to get back in the office.If someone can work from home all the time then why does an employer need to pay someone in the UK ,they could pay someone abroad less. Also office workers are vital for other parts of the economy such as hospitality,transport and the High Street. The UK economy has taken the hardest hit so far of any of the G7. The sooner the World gets back to normal the better.However this is probably many months away.
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

hornypunter wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:29 pm

It depends on the job,at the moment a lot of companies only deal with Urgent calls, so really those people need to get back in the office.If someone can work from home all the time then why does an employer need to pay someone in the UK ,they could pay someone abroad less. Also office workers are vital for other parts of the economy such as hospitality,transport and the High Street. The UK economy has taken the hardest hit so far of any of the G7. The sooner the World gets back to normal the better.However this is probably many months away.
Post on the month that mate !! 👍

But we’ll all still be dying of the flu, cancer and obesity ... lol
tasher
Reactions:

Unread post by tasher »

Many people have skills and professional qualifications which can't be replicated abroad. Also not all office based people spend all their time in the office. You cant do a client visit or a site inspection from India. The idea that office workers need to go back to save bus companies sandwich bars and coffee shops from going bust is risible.
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

tasher wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:49 pm

Many people have skills and professional qualifications which can't be replicated abroad. Also not all office based people spend all their time in the office. You cant do a client visit or a site inspection from India. The idea that office workers need to go back to save bus companies sandwich bars and coffee shops from going bust is risible.
Pray tell, which skills and qualifications cannot be replicated abroad ??? As many people on here can attest, I travel the world with my employment and I’m yet to see this, in fact my experience is quite contrary to this. It is also my experience that whist the average british worker work by the ethos of seeing how little one can do in a day this is quite the opposite in most other countries.
tasher
Reactions:

Unread post by tasher »

Roomy wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:20 pm
tasher wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:49 pm

Pray tell, which skills and qualifications cannot be replicated abroad ??? As many people on here can attest, I travel the world with my employment and I’m yet to see this, in fact my experience is quite contrary to this. It is also my experience that whist the average british worker work by the ethoks of seeing how little one can do in a day this is quite the opposite in most other countries.
Accountancy and legal qualifications, banking, financial services accreditation, HR (CIPD), H&S (IOSH, NEBOSH), architecture and surveying, engineering.....

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”