GENERAL CHAT AND QUESTIONS ABOUT DISCRETION

Moderator: sylvia

Forum rules
Jeansman
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Re: Discretion closed

Unread post by Jeansman »

Sylvie - hope you get up and running very soon. Thoughts are with you and the team at this difficult time. Waters will recede and hopes will rise..............
JM
xxxx
LordLuken
Reactions:

Unread post by LordLuken »

Wraith wrote:...you can see high water mark on the wall 3-4 feet high. Fortunately it was only the entrance way and electrics that are affected...
:shock: That was high...

Even though if could have been much worse, it's still the inconvenience really. Looking at the pic, I'm guessing anyone in the building was taken out by rescue services. :think:
Image Image SPONSOR Self Proclaimed Beaky, chicken & Droll Extraordinaire
Trump Finally Delivers - get me over there.
map100
Reactions:

Unread post by map100 »

Room1day, I am happy! Thought I was going to flood one cm off the top of my doorstep! My neighbours have got carpets and furniture dumped outside!!!
Sponsor
Bert
Subscriber
Subscriber
Reactions:

Unread post by Bert »

Wraith wrote:This was taken as the water started to recede you can see high water mark on the wall 3-4 feet high. Fortunately it was only the entrance way and electrics that are affected. Have to feel sorry for the cafe next door lot of serious damage in there.

Am surprised washing machines float with the amount of concrete ballast in them

you learn summat new every day :think:
While I was married I had a a very varied and exciting sex life...... never told the wife tho' :o
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Here is the ludicrous situation we are left with: Once the power grid was switched back on Sylvia gets a private contractor to check the electrics before she switches on, got a clean bill of health and yeah the electric is on... workers from the grid turned up to sort the cafe out which had suffered burnt wiring and a burnt meter.. so electric was disconnected for the rest of the day until this evening while they dig the street up to renew the supply to the building, all work done power restored to the building except they disconnected discretion and refused to reconnect until meter gets checked even though it had been cleared by contractor and was working fine before they disconnected. Soooo they said ring EON and they will treat it as an emergency, so EON's emergency number was rang and guess what it goes to the same freaking people that did the disconnection. Manager turns up and says it's not their job to reconnect and EON are now closed until monday???
Honest to god you couldn't make this shit up..... Rant over :)
It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they have been fooled
Please help the forum by becoming a subscriber
click here for more info
scotty
Reactions:

Unread post by scotty »

Wraith wrote:Here is the ludicrous situation we are left with: Once the power grid was switched back on Sylvia gets a private contractor to check the electrics before she switches on, got a clean bill of health and yeah the electric is on... workers from the grid turned up to sort the cafe out which had suffered burnt wiring and a burnt meter.. so electric was disconnected for the rest of the day until this evening while they dig the street up to renew the supply to the building, all work done power restored to the building except they disconnected discretion and refused to reconnect until meter gets checked even though it had been cleared by contractor and was working fine before they disconnected. Soooo they said ring EON and they will treat it as an emergency, so EON's emergency number was rang and guess what it goes to the same freaking people that did the disconnection. Manager turns up and says it's not their job to reconnect and EON are now closed until monday???
How typical of this day and age..unreal talk bout jobs for the boys!!..Remember similar shit when ad gas leak " oh we cant do that u will av to get somebody else".. 8 fucking people to do basically sod all :roll: ...

Hope you get sorted asap :pray:
Sponsor The Forum Pussy Image The Beard is Back..
Shoreham Boys we are here!!!!
HE SCORES WHEN HE WANTS...
LordLuken
Reactions:

Unread post by LordLuken »

Wraith wrote:Here is the ludicrous situation we are left with: Once the power grid was switched back on Sylvia gets a private contractor to check the electrics before she switches on, got a clean bill of health and yeah the electric is on... workers from the grid turned up to sort the cafe out which had suffered burnt wiring and a burnt meter.. so electric was disconnected for the rest of the day until this evening while they dig the street up to renew the supply to the building, all work done power restored to the building except they disconnected discretion and refused to reconnect until meter gets checked even though it had been cleared by contractor and was working fine before they disconnected. Soooo they said ring EON and they will treat it as an emergency, so EON's emergency number was rang and guess what it goes to the same freaking people that did the disconnection. Manager turns up and says it's not their job to reconnect and EON are now closed until monday???
Annoyingly, it's becoming common place for these sorts of things to happen.
Image Image SPONSOR Self Proclaimed Beaky, chicken & Droll Extraordinaire
Trump Finally Delivers - get me over there.
sylvia
Parlour rep
Parlour rep
Reactions:

Unread post by sylvia »

we will be open on monday 11am even if i have to run a 8 mile extension cable from house . :dance:

PROVIDER
sophie
INDIE
INDIE
Reactions:

Unread post by sophie »

That's disgusting like the way they always pass the buck :naughty:
call 07926 287486
PROVIDER

DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR NEW CLIENTS

The world has gone mad, I’m getting back on track before I end up being one of them, oh and boris your still a cunt
slowdown
Reactions:

Unread post by slowdown »

It's always the same nowadays, in the past your electric was supplied by YEB and they dealt with everything, now someone looks after the grid and someone else supplies the electric and they pass the buck back and forth between themselves. The same with telephone service, maybe a bit different with KC comms but in general BT look after the lines and the service can be supplied by several companies, you get a faulty line and if you are not taking the service from BT as well then the buck passing starts. When you ring customer services after the mandatory 15 min queue whilst they tell you have valuable your custom is, if you are lucky you might get to speak to someone who you can actually understand what they say. Welcome to the modern world.
SPONSOR Victor Meldrew is my role model Image

Return to “CHATROOM”