Sexual Abuse

MESMAC
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Sexual Abuse

Unread post by MESMAC »

Hi Everyone
I've been reading with interest the post in this forum. I dont profess to be an expert in this field although I have personal and anecdotal stories on which to base my opinions.

Unfortunately most abuse is about control. Rape is not always about sex but about subduing and exerting power over another individual. Chemical castration can be effective but obviously there has to be compliance by the perpetrator. The 'castration' is achieved by 3 monthly injections of DEPO PROVERA which is used as a contraceptive in women. Depo lowers testosterone levels in males and therefore has a an effect on the libido. However, if the underlying rage, anger and frustration isn't dealt with , perpetrators find other ways to express their anger. Although the physical urge to rape might not be gone there have been lots of cases in the USA (where chemical castration is mandatory in some states after repeat sexual offences) where males have gone on to sexually assault or attack women in other ways.
If anyone wants to speak to someone in confidence about childhood sexual assault, please consider ringing
Survivors on 226677 or
NSPCC on 0808 800 5000
As I said at the beginning of this post, I am not an expert but I am a sympathetic ear and could signpost anyone (male or female) to professional help.
Yours - Elaine
Yorkshire Mesmac Elaine

Crann
Reactions:

Re: Sexual Abuse

Unread post by Crann »

Thanks for the post Elaine , been wondering what the cemical was for the last fortnight ,
LOOK DOWN AND SWEAR BY THE SLAIN OF THE WAR YOU WILL NEVER FORGET ! !

SPONSOR
lexi
Administrator
Administrator
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Re: Sexual Abuse

Unread post by lexi »

cheers elaine as always ur a great help xxx
Your Happiness Is The Greatest Revenge Against Those That Bring You Down

RETIRED
All newly registered users are unable to send private messages until they have made a minimum of 3 approved posts.
Registered Users can now send 5 messages, after which they have to subscribe.
BENEFITS OF BEEN A SUBSCRIBER CAN BE FOUND HERE,....,

SPONSOR

Return to “VICTIMS OF ABUSE”